All Athletic Clearance forms must be done on SportsNet, and please remember to upload the physical and immunization record, too.
Students must be cleared before they can try out or compete for a team. Deadlines to submit are found below. Contact the varsity head coach of the sport you're interested in to find out exact try-out dates. Please allow 5 business days for full processing and clearance.
1. Getting vaccinated prevents severe illness, hospitalization, and death; it also helps reduce the spread of the virus in communities.
Unvaccinated individuals should get vaccinated and continue masking until they are fully vaccinated.
With the Delta variant, this is more urgent than ever. The highest spread of cases and severe outcomes is happening in places with low vaccination rates
2. Data shows the Delta variant is different than past versions of the virus; it is much more contagious.
Some vaccinated people can get Delta in a breakthrough infection and may be contagious.
Even so, vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission occurring around the country.
Virtually all hospitalizations and deaths continue to be among the unvaccinated.
3. In areas with substantial and high transmission, CDC recommends that everyone (including fully vaccinated individuals) wear a mask in public indoor settings to help prevent the spread of Delta and protect others.
4. CDC recommends that community leaders encourage vaccination and masking to prevent further outbreaks in areas of substantial and high transmission.
5. CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status. Children should return to full-time in-person learning in the fall with layered prevention strategies in place.''
COVID-19 Virus Information
Menlo-Atherton and SUHSD are doing everything in their power to stay informed and ahead of the Covid-19 virus.
Here is our latest statement from the district, county, and other helpful information: