3. Pick up a hard copy of the Permit to Participate in Athletics packet in the Administrative Vice Principal’s Office, or talk to Ofa Taimani.
To complete the Permit to Participate in Athletics for 2018-2019, students will need to:
1. Return all overdue text books, library books, and library materials (10th -12th grade students only)
2. Ensure all school fines have been paid off through the Treasurer’s office (10th -12th grade students only)
3. Complete online packet on SportsNet or submit a hard copy of the completed packet to Elaine Rivera in the Administrative Vice Principal’s Office.
1. Students who have not followed the instructions outlined above will not be cleared for participation until they have done so.
2. The Permit to Participate in Athletics packet (electronic and hard copies) are not cleared the moment they are submitted/returned to the Administrative Vice Principal’s office. Please allow up to 5 days for processing.
3. *Transfer/Foreign Exchange Students, be sure to contact Elaine Rivera (phone and email below) in the Administrative Vice Principal’s office as soon as possible. All transfer and Foreign Exchange students are required to complete an application for eligibility with the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF)/Central Coast Section (CCS) in addition to the M-A Permit to Participate in Athletics packet.
*Transfer students are any students who have attended another high school for more than 15 days in the past 12 months.
Permit to Participate in Athletics 2018-2019Top of Page
Athletic Eligibility & Participation HandbookTop of Page
The Athletic Eligibility & Participation Handbook outlines the rules and policies for athletic eligibility and participation. The handbook is included in the hard copy/print version of the Permit to Participate in Athletics for 2016-2017 and outlined in the electronic form. To view/print a copy of the handbook alone, Click Here
Parents who wish to volunteer to drive students to/from school sponsored events must complete the Personal Vehicle Use form. This form can be completed and submitted as part of the Electronic Permit to Participate in Athletics, or parents/volunteers may print and submit the following form with required attachments.
The form should be submitted to Elaine Rivera in the Administrative Vice Principal’s Office with the following documents at least 10 days prior to the event date:
1. Copy of current drivers license
2. Copy of current driving insurance
If you need to drive to an event that is within 10 days of submitting the Personal Vehicle Use form, you must also submit the following to be cleared:
3. *Official H-6 driving record (if event is within 10 days)
*The official H-6 driving record is a 10-year driving record which may only be obtained through the DMV office and costs $5. This report is not available online, over the phone, or via mail.
Menlo-Atherton High School, (650) 322-5311
The following M-A staff are able to assist with any questions regarding athletic eligibility and participation.
Please follow the guide below to ensure you reach the appropriate staff member.