Guidelines for Concurrent Enrollment/Distance Learning in the Sequoia Union High School District:
1. A maximum of 40 credits (requirement and elective) may be earned by concurrent enrollment/distance learning throughout a student’s high school career. (AR 6146.1 #7)
2. No more than 20 required course credits may be earned through distance learning/concurrent
3. Attendance in SUHSD is full-time. Students must carry a schedule of six (6) classes at the
comprehensive SUHSD campus (9th through 11th grades); seniors must carry a minimum five (5)
4. Concurrent enrollment is only permitted from distance learning programs accredited by Western
Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or equivalent (NEASC, NCASC, MSASC, SACS, NWCCU, NCAC).
5. Students may enroll in no more than 10 distance-learning (or equivalent college) credits at one time.
(AR 6146.1 #8)
6. Concurrent enrollment approval MUST BE obtained from the high school (submitting this form)
PRIOR TO the first day of the SUHSD semester that the student intends to enroll. Course credit will
not be accepted on SUHSD transcripts for distance learning courses begun after SUHSD classes are
in session. A student may NOT drop a SUHSD class to pursue the course through distance
learning/concurrent enrollment in the same semester.
7. Student’s books, supplies, or other costs for distance learning programs are NOT the responsibility
of Sequoia Union High School District.
8. The student is responsible for submitting an official transcript to the registrar’s office for courses
that were pre-approved for concurrent enrollment at a distance learning site.
9. The student is responsible for ensuring that the course meets University of California A-G requirements and any other college entrance requirements.